Mission and Vision
"Learning for all"
"Our vision is to be a learning community based on inclusion and equal opportunities, thus empowering our students to become internationally minded and successful learners in an ever changing world."
AIS’ mission and vision connect with the programmes of the International Baccalaureate (IB). IB programmes are value-based and focused on education for a better world. IB schools are characterised by their commitment to high-quality and challenging international education.
'All' is a key word in the mission; diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities are central. With its knowledge of diversity, language difficulties and inclusion, Amersfoort International School will also be developed as a centre of expertise in a network of regular schools for education opportunities in the Amersfoort region. This initiative promotes equal opportunities and unification in the region. The Amersfoort Model will be based on this whereby Amersfoort International School will form the knowledge centre for regular Dutch schools with equal opportunities in relation to global citizenship and inclusion.
- We value that our students are able to take ownership for their own learning through inquiry
- We believe in a positive school culture that supports all students to reach their full potential
- We believe in sharing our resources and expertise
- We believe that learning goes beyond academic development
- We value that our curriculum serves the needs of our changing community